Visit our sponsors

Monday, July 25, 2005

Mallman's report on Day 1 of his 7 night stand at the Hexagon



Mark Mallman just sent me his synopsis of Day 1 of his 7 night stand at the Hexagon. He's right on about how the room looks. The bedsheets with the numbers spray-painted on them draped with red velvet curtains give the room an especially cool look that makes it easy to capture striking pictures. So take your cameras tonight, folks, and email your photos to blood08bill@photos.flickr.com for inclusion in the howwastheshow Mallman photo blog.

Here's Mark's report:

"Well, we spent all Sunday soundchecking the room and getting the backdrop straight. I'm really happy with the way things look in there. It's so fucking street level, man - holy shit. Across the street from my favorite bowling alley.

We hit the stage around 12:15, opened with "B-sides." Basically we stuck to the set except I moved "Waking the Neighborhood" to another day, and we encored with "True Love". I've been spray painting my clothes before each night. No smoke machine tonight, it fucks with my mind. Each night, the band has rehearsal at 8:30 p.m. that fucks with my mind too."

0 comments: