Visit our sponsors

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Women of Troy enters final weekend



I took the liberty of accompanying new HowWasTheShow Theatre critic in residence Miguel Trejo to the the Frank Theatre's production of the Women of Troy on Saturday night. It was a lovely change of pace from the rock scene (even if I did head immediately back to the clubs when the show was through, managing to catch Dred I Dread at the Fine Line and a good portion of Leroy Smokes set there as well before ending up at the Triple Rock for French Kicks.)

Read Miguel's review of the performance here. I found his thoughts pretty much right on, and I'd just add that the Frank Theatre space at the Pillsbury "A" Mill Machine Shop was the perfect setting for the production.

If you are heading to the Women of Troy this weekend (which I highly recommend you do) you might find this background information on Euripides original production by Dr. Jim De Young an interesting pre-show read. And yes, the author of said piece is related to me. He would, in fact, be my father.

0 comments: