Visit our sponsors

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Oasis - Memories of Finsbury Park show, July 2002





Unless by magic a free ticket falls into my lap I will not be attending the Oasis show at The Target Center in Minneapolis tomorrow night.  I have seen the band several times during my various European festival tours over the past 8 years, and that's actually one reason I passsed on purchasing tickets to the show.

Mind you, Oasis is a fantastic live band, and if you have not seen them I encourage you to go, but like the Flaming Lips, they are a band I feel is best experienced outside.

My favorite memory of Oasis is of their performance at Finsbury Park in London in July of 2002.  (See their performance of "Little By Little" from that weekend show in the above YouTube video.) 

I was there!  But fortunately for me I was not there on the rainiest and muddiest show of that particular weekend.

Many in attendance said it was an even better show than their famous Knebworth appearance in 1996.

In honor of Oasis visit to Minneapolis, I ressurected a very, very early blog entry and turned it into a full-fledged review on HowWasTheShow.  (As embarassing as it is for me to read my old reviews, I am glad that one is still around as that was one of my favorite shows of all time.)

0 comments: