Visit our sponsors

Saturday, June 05, 2004

The Big Ticket: the best haircuts are taken

HowWasThesShow meant to cover the Stills / Metric / Sea Ray show at the Fine Line Sunday night, but things went awry for the two of us who were in attendance. I won't mention what happened to my colleague, but I will mention that I myself woke up with a killer cold Monday morning (a postpartum illness resulting from Voltage finally being over perhaps?) My cold turned into total laryngitis by Friday, so I've missed all the shows this week (except the Decemberists, of course) and was in no shape to write about it anyway.

Fortunately, our friends over at The Big Ticket wrote up a nice review of the Metric show here. I, myself, enjoyed the Stills, but tend to agree that there is some cause for concern in the amalgam of musical styles they have coalesced. It was still a good show, however, and I would see them again.

0 comments: