Visit our sponsors

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Anti-Fashion District Fashion show at the Fine Line



The latest hat from Anna Lee - Click the image above
or here for more photos of Ms. Lee's work from this show.


The Anti-Fashion District fashion show at the Fine Line might have been better if it had been 30-40 minutes shorter than it was. Tuesday's show clocked in at just under 1 hour and 45 minutes, and I'd hazard to guess that designers showing their wares in the last 30 minutes didn't receive nearly the attention of those who came earlier in the night. It wasn't that the models didn't hustle their way on and off the stage. (I talked to many who felt they were actually moving too fast. ) Perhaps the time between designers could have been cut, or a max time per designer of 7 minutes max could have been suggested. Music could have been faded and segued into new songs quicker instead of designers waiting for the start of a new song to start marching their models across the stage.

The music itself, however, was expertly chosen, mostly provided by DJ Jake Rudh. I really dug hearing everything from Flock of Seagulls to Ladytron, and I didn't realize how much I missed hearing Revenge by Ministry until it was played at dance club volume last night. Overall, for a first foray into this type of show, Matt Halman did an excellent job of putting all the pieces together.

I had a great seat for the show, appropriating a table front and center clearly marked "Reserved for Steve Marsh" (of the City Pages), as Steve arrived a few minutes late, wondering why all the tables up front were filled. Thanks Steve!

I shot 10 fewer than a gross (144) digital photos last night and haven't had a chance to go through them all yet. But as an unabashed (er, proud) fan of Anna Lee of Ruby3 I offer these humble photos up for your consumption while I sort through the rest.

I'll post the best of the rest in the next few days.

Oh, and anyone who stayed for the rock show that followed, feel free to email me and let me know how it went.


0 comments: